The iconic Willows Mansion has a new lease and life thanks to a public/private partnership to revitalize and reimagine the mansion so it remains in perpetuity – the people’s house.
At a time when heritage seems disposable and historic estates are being divided up, sold-off and redeveloped saving structures like the Willows Mansion IS more important than ever.
The former family residence will become a self-sustaining community hub offering dynamic, year round programming for all ages. Lecture series, bird watching, Tai Chi, and musical performances are examples of the many programs to be offered at the mansion free of charge. Proceeds from 25 private events held each year will support operating costs and renovation.
The revitalized Willows Mansion will be for daily public access and enrichment.
Spaces like the Willows are sacred and vital to our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and are priceless community assets worth the investment. The ROI on this fully revitalized property is exponential.
The New Community Spaces
Garden Room & Porch
Indoor and outdoor space open daily during park hours for community meetings, lectures, and activities.
Wishing Well Circle
Paved outdoor area for classes, shows or markets.
Fountain Wall Courtyard
Outdoor space for concerts, performances, or
A coverable veranda for outdoor seating and an amazing view.
Rose Garland Garden
A lush garden with plants inspired by the original landscape architect, Thomas Sears.
- Nature programs for students, residents, and visitors that focus on preservation and conservation of nature in a changing climate.
- Seasonal events, festivals, and activities that encourage health and wellness, education and cultural appreciation.
- Health and wellness programs that encourage everyone from school children to seniors to get out into nature such as yoga, hikes, and walks.
- Cultural events that draw from regional talent such as concerts, puppet shows, lectures, exhibitions, and performances.
- Level I Arboretum that promotes environmental education.
- Volunteer opportunities to encourage education, engagement, and connection.
Make a Gift
We need your help to make this big idea a reality. Contribute today and you will be making a gift for the generations. Click below to make your gift.