The iconic Willows Mansion has a new lease and life thanks to a $6 Million public/private partnership to revitalize and reimagine the mansion so it remains in perpetuity – the people’s house.
At a time when heritage seems disposable and historic estates are being divided up, sold-off and redeveloped saving structures like the Willows Mansion IS more important than ever.
The centerpiece of the project will be a new public wing on the south side with rooftop terrace and a covered porch. This bright and relaxed, indoor/outdoor space will be open everyday for the public’s use during park hours with the best views in the region.
Similar vintage properties that undergo renovation become private event spaces kept under strict lock and key with little public access. The revitalized Willows Mansion will be for daily public access and enrichment.
Spaces like the Willows are sacred and vital to our physical, mental and emotional wellbeing and are priceless community assets worth the investment. The ROI on this fully revitalized property is exponential.
The New Community Spaces
Garden Room & Porch
Wishing Well Circle
Fountain Wall Courtyard
Rose Garland Garden
- Nature programs for students, residents, and visitors that focus on preservation and conservation of nature in a changing climate.
- Seasonal events, festivals, and activities that encourage health and wellness, education and cultural appreciation.
- Health and wellness programs that encourage everyone from school children to seniors to get out into nature such as yoga, hikes, and walks.
- Cultural events that draw from regional talent such as concerts, puppet shows, lectures, exhibitions, and performances.
- Level I Arboretum that promotes environmental education.
- Volunteer opportunities to encourage education, engagement, and connection.
Make a Gift
We need your help to make this big idea a reality. Contribute today and you will be making a gift for the generations. Click below to make your gift.